Pediatric Speech & Language Therapy
Our speech language pathologist provides skilled evaluation & treatment for children to help them achieve independent & functional communication skills.
The evaluation consists of parent interview, standardized testing, informal assessment, & play based interaction to determine the child’s current communication abilities. Treatment is individualized & focused on intensive speech & language stimulation. Parents are encouraged to observe & participate in sessions. Home programming is provided as needed to promote carry over of speech & language skills.
Childhood Speech and Language Conditions Treated:
- Childhood speech/articulation delay or disorder
- Childhood expressive or receptive language delay/disorder
- Phonological process disorders
- Developmental apraxia/dyspraxia of speech
- Auditory processing of spoken language
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Pragmatic (social language) disorders
- Down syndrome
- Neurological disorders resulting in speech and language challenges